Express Service Terms & Conditions – 25th July 2023
All bookings are subject to the following Terms & Conditions
Fare Types & Conditions
Standard fare – bookable online or with our office
All Standard fares are non-refundable. However, they are changeable if our office is notified more than 24-hours prior to the departure time.
Booking changes incur a $10.00 fee, and can include the following:
- Transfer your booking to another date, subject to availability*,
- Open date the booking for a period of 3 months from when you were scheduled to travel*,
- Change the name(s) on the ticket
Fully-flexible and Refundable fare – bookable online or with our office
All Fully-flexible and Refundable fares are changeable and/or refundable, provided our office is notified at least 1-hour prior to the departure time.
Booking changes can include the following:
- Transfer your booking to another date, subject to availability*, or
- Open date the booking with no expiry date*, or
- Provide a refund for your fare, less a $10.00 service fee.
* If the fare type you have booked, increases in price by the time you re-book your ticket, the additional price in fare is payable at the time of reinstating the booking.
If the passenger fails to board the coach at the departure time on the booking or the open dated period expires, the fare and ticket will be forfeited.
Photo identification in the form of a driver’s licence, passport, Australian government issued Senior’s Card or Student ID may be requested when boarding the coach.
All fares are subject to change without prior notice.
All bookings made via our call centre/travel agent will be higher than those available on-line.
Timetable and Travel Conditions
All schedules are correct at the time of placement on the site. The company reserves the right to alter the schedules as it deems necessary.
Whilst every effort is made to maintain the timetabled service, no responsibility will be taken for inconvenience due to delayed service, or for any additional cost or expense that may be incurred by you as a result of scheduling changes. Travel duration times are subject to change due to traffic and weather conditions. Australia Wide Coaches recommends that when making travel plans you ensure that a contingency is in place for unforeseen circumstances that may occur and are out of our control.
Passengers travelling to and from the Sydney Domestic/International Airport should ensure that they have allowed time for traffic and flight delays. Whilst every effort is made to maintain the timetabled service, no responsibility will be taken for inconvenience due to delayed service, or for any additional cost or expense that may be incurred by you as a result of scheduling changes or delay for any reason.
A scheduled express service may be cancelled at any time due to unforeseen operational circumstances and/or as a result of natural causes e.g. flooding, snow/ice. Australia Wide Coaches cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by passengers as a result of cancelled services. Affected sectors of passenger bookings will be made open-dated for future use and remain valid until used or for 3 months from the date of intended travel.
All passengers are required to be at their pick-up point at least 10 minutes prior to departure.
It is against Australia Wide Coaches’ policy to carry children under 10 years of age (inclusive) unless they are accompanied by a chaperone. The chaperone is someone known to the parent/guardian and who is older than 16 years of age and who accepts full responsibility for the child during the journey.
Unaccompanied children aged 10 and over will be carried provided they hand a completed Unaccompanied Child Form to the driver upon boarding. The Unaccompanied Child Form is to be completed by a parent/guardian/adult responsible stating address and telephone numbers in town of departure, and name, address and telephone number of persons meeting child on arrival. The form must be signed by a parent or guardian. The parent/guardian/responsible adult nominated on the Unaccompanied Child form must be present at the departure point with the child/children for their safety and wellbeing, to hand the completed form to the driver and assist the child/children to board the coach at the start of their journey.
An infant is a child under the age of 2 years. An Infant must be accompanied by a Guardian. The guardian must be 18 years of age or older, unless they are a parent of the infant. If the infant is occupying a seat on the coach, they will be required to pay the child fare.
Allocated seating is not available and seating is based on a first come, first served basis.
Right to Refuse Travel
Australia Wide Coaches reserves the right to refuse travel or remove from the vehicle any passenger, regardless of whether the passenger holds a valid ticket, where the passenger;
- Behaves in a disruptive, threatening or unlawful manner and may pose a threat to themselves, other passengers, Australia Wide Coaches staff or property.
- On the reasonable assessment by Australia Wide Coaches, appears to be under the influence of alcohol or any other drug or appears to be in possession of an unlawful substance.
- Is observed smoking or attempting to smoke a cigarette on board a vehicle, including any onboard toilet facility.
Australia Wide Coaches further reserves the right to refuse booking requests or refuse travel to those passengers who are in breach, or have previously breached Australia Wide Coaches Terms of Carriage.
Australia Wide Coaches require all passengers to conform to minimum dress standards on any service which includes a shirt, shorts/trousers/skirt and footwear.
Food and Beverages
Australia Wide Coaches allows food and beverages to be carried and consumed on the vehicle subject to the following restrictions;
- No hot food, dairy products or hot drinks are to be taken on board any vehicle.
- All cold non-alcoholic drinks must be bottled with a screw-top lid.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the vehicle and may not be consumed on board a vehicle.
Australia Wide Coaches does not offer refrigerated bulk storage for carriage of bulk quantities of plant or animal products including any food items. Due to concerns around hygiene, disease, vermin and other passenger comfort, Australia Wide Coaches does not allow the carriage of bulk quantities of food stuffs in any form. For the avoidance of doubt, bulk quantities will be reasonably assessed as a quantity exceeding what a passenger may reasonably consume on an individual service or trip.
A passenger on a service is entitled to carry at no additional charge:
- One (1) suitcase or bag not more than 20 kilograms in weight and,
- One (1) carry-on bag with no wheels that may be stored in overhead luggage racks. If the luggage is unable to be stored in the overhead luggage racks, the carry-on luggage must be stored in the main vehicle storage compartment.
Australia Wide Coaches may refuse carriage of any luggage if in its opinion the luggage is:
- a hazardous substance or dangerous good;
- likely to be damaged during travel;
- likely to cause damage to other passenger luggage or any other property.
In the event luggage is refused travel by Australia Wide Coaches, the passenger holds sole responsibility for any and all costs of alternate travel for their luggage. All luggage, including carry-on luggage, is the sole responsibility of the passenger. Australia Wide Coaches accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for any damage to, theft or loss of any passenger personal effects/luggage whilst on our premises including when on board a vehicle.
Excess luggage is any luggage beyond which is allowed for on a passenger ticket as defined under Luggage. Australia Wide Coaches holds no obligation to carry excess luggage. Australia Wide Coaches may carry excess luggage at its sole discretion.
Carriage of excess luggage will incur additional fees per the following schedule:
- Additional suitcase or bag not more than 20 kilograms in weight – $10 per item
- Surfboards – $15 per item, push bikes – $25 per item, skis, snow boards, golf bags – $25 per item
- Prams and disability aids – no additional fee
Any other non-standard item will be carried by Australia Wide Coaches absolute discretion.
In the event a passenger leaves an item of luggage on an Australia Wide Coaches vehicle:
- Australia Wide Coaches will make all reasonable efforts to identify the owner of the luggage and notify them of the unclaimed luggage. Collection of the luggage will be the sole responsibility of the passenger.
- Any freight fees incurred in transporting the luggage to an alternate location will be borne solely by the passenger.
- Australia Wide Coaches will store the item as lost property for a period of 30 days. Should the item remain unclaimed at the expiry of that storage period, the item will be disposed of at Australia Wide Coaches sole discretion.
- Australia Wide Coaches will not be liable for any loss, expense or inconvenience incurred by the passenger.
Australia Wide Coaches may substitute any other vehicle for its own vehicle and/or tranship passengers and/or their luggage and these terms shall continue to apply to carriage by such substituted vehicle or transhipment.
- The purchaser of the ticket and the person named in it warrants that any personal effects, luggage or other goods taken or placed on the coach will not, either directly or indirectly, cause any loss or damage to Australia Wide Coaches or any other passenger or to any personal effects, luggage or other goods on the coach.
- The Passenger, his luggage and goods are carried entirely at his own risk. Australia Wide Coaches will not be liable to the passenger or to the person who purchased the ticket for the death, sickness of or any other injury to any Passenger or for any other loss or damage suffered by the passenger whether personal or consequential or otherwise, and although Australia Wide Coaches may, or may not permit passengers to, bring or place personal effects, luggage or other goods on the coach, Australia Wide Coaches will not be liable for the loss or theft of or any damage to any personal effects, luggage or other goods, and whether or not such consent in writing has been obtained, and in either case whether or not such loss or damage is suffered, or is caused by anything occurring before, after, or in the course of any journey, and whether caused by Australia Wide Coaches negligence, recklessness, wilful misconduct or otherwise, and whether arising by contract, in tort (including negligence), or otherwise, and the purchaser of this ticket and the passenger jointly and severally agrees to indemnify Australia Wide Coaches against any liability to any person on whose behalf such travel was booked or such ticket was purchased.
- These conditions of this ticket contain all the terms of the contract between Australia Wide Coaches and the passenger and the purchaser of the ticket, and no condition, warranty or other term is to be implied, either by statute or otherwise, except to the extent that the operation of these conditions is excluded, restricted or modified by the Trade Practices Act, 1974.
- This agreement is governed by and to be construed in accordance with the law of the State of New South Wales. Any proceedings against Australia Wide Coaches shall be brought in the State of New South Wales.
- In these conditions of travel “Australia Wide Coaches” or “AWC” shall include Australia Wide Coaches Pty Ltd and subsidiary companies, its officers, employees, agents and subcontractors to the intent that Australia Wide Coaches issues this ticket for itself as agent for its officers, employees, agents and subcontractors, and these conditions operate for the benefit of and to exclude liability on the part of not only Australia Wide Coaches but all its officers, employees, agents and subcontractors.
- These Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any provision of any statute, federal or otherwise, (including the Trade Practices Act 1974) where to do so would:
A. contravene that statute;
or B. cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void.
ALL CONDITIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE